Skills and Work History
Computers and Technology
- A+, Network+, and Security+ certified
- OS Knowledge – Win98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, Win7
- Web Browsers – Chrome, Opera, Netscape, Flock, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer
- Software – Microsoft Office Suite (97-03, 2007, 2010), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe LifeCycle Designer, Adobe Dreamweaver, QuickBooks, Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook, Filezilla FTP
- Adept at virus removal and system recovery techniques.
- Refurbished inoperable PC systems and upgraded others by replacing HDD’s, RAM sticks, optical drives, power supplies, fans, cables, etc. Installed various peripherals as needed.
- Familiar with DOS command prompts, regedit, msconfig and other system tools on Windows-based PC’s.
- Working knowledge of Joomla-based Content Management Systems, basic HTML, beginner search engine optimization, blog set-up and management, and C-Panel utilities.
- Familiar with Autotask Service Desk functions and Labtech Remote Monitoring Software
- Maintained financial records and generated AR/AP reports, analyzed ledgers to determine profit and loss, and reconciled tenant and vendor accounts.
- Drafted letters, notices, brochures, spreadsheets, and publications using Microsoft products; generated newsletters with online companies such as Illustratus, Vertical Response and Constant Contact.
- Operated, maintained, and inventoried office equipment to facilitate open communications and prevent potential problems.
- Implemented filing systems and created structured notes and to-do lists to increase organization and productivity.
- Handled telephone, internet, and walk-in inquiries with courtesy and professionalism. Adept at message transcription, and follow-up procedures.
- Processed prospective tenant applications, explained lease terms, and issued new lease agreements.
- Established, incorporated, and obtained Federal 501(c)(3) nonprofit status for an independent charitable organization. Drafted group policies, procedures, bylaws, and other legal documentation.
- Organized and implemented nonprofit outreach events by securing venues, recruiting available volunteers, and creating publications and display materials for public outreach and education.
- Organized fundraising events and pursued donations from corporate sponsors and individual donors. Maintained inventory of sales merchandise.
- Boosted time management skills by taking inventory of current and pressing obligations to insure proper communication and scheduling to meet and/or exceed goals.
- Consistently met deadlines to insure proper resident notification of maintenance schedules and lease-term reminders and submitted weekly reports to supervisor.
- Managed property maintenance requests and assigned duties to maintenance staff and contractors to insure resolution of issues.
- Coordinated scheduling of unit turns to include inspections, maintenance orders, and vendor scheduling.
- Oversaw eviction process from start to finish including managing dates, confirming statuses with online systems and coordinating with officials in the magistrate court.
- Skilled at developing relationships to enhance communication and improve overall customer experience; encouraged customer commitments via telephone and on-site inquiries.
- Engaged in active listening skills to make the customer feel important; used information obtained to develop a course of action geared towards satisfaction and resolution.
- Exceled in remaining calm and composed to diffuse situations where intense dissatisfaction was displayed; inherent ability to avoid negatively engaging the clients in an effort to minimize conflict.
- Increased customer satisfaction by utilizing schedules and property knowledge to match customer needs with available properties.
- Generated donation requests and solicited for donations via avenues such as hand-delivered letters to local businesses, email marketing, and through social networking applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and Blogger.
- Attended networking and education events to generate contacts and leads; built relationships to improve word-of-mouth marketing.
- Generated and promoted advertisements, flyers, and informational articles using online ads, print media, forums and social networks, newsletters, blogs, and the organization’s website. Strengthened public relations and community education through outreach events, news interviews, and local publications.
- Created Facebook fan page for nonprofit organization and enabled its collective growth to almost 4,000 fans.
- Coordinated all aspects of animal guardianship from temperament screening, selection, transport, and foster home placement to veterinary care, training, and adoption.
- Fostered over 30 animals during a 4 year time-frame, mostly American Pit Bull Terriers and their breed mixes.
- Evaluated canine temperament on over 70 dogs, with over 40 having been confiscated from alleged dog-fighting operations. Familiar with ASPCA SAFER Aggression Assessments.
- Participated in national efforts to rescue and rehabilitate canine victims of dog-fighting.
IT Service Dispatcher
Charleston, SC 2012-Present
Varner Commercial Property Consultants
Hanahan, SC 2005-2012
Asst. Property Manager
Dunes Properties of Charleston
Folly Beach, SC 2004-2005
Night Shift Leader
Subway Sandwiches and Salads
Goose Creek, SC 2001-2004
New Hope Pit Bull Rescue 2007-2011
A+, Network +, Security + Certifications: Discovery Training Center, Charleston, SC
Property Management Certificate: Trident Technical College, North Charleston, SC
Diploma: Goose Creek High School, Goose Creek, SC